edina tien: artfiberfest, part 1

June 29, 2006

artfiberfest, part 1



Had a great time at ArtFiberFest...it was fabulous to be around such inspiring teachers and participants! I took three classes, the first two were taught by Mary Stanley who is a wonderfully generous and talented person. The top photo is from her Wild and Wooly Rug Hooking class - she made all these beautiful hooked flower pins for each student to take home - wasn't that sweet of her! The middle photo is my project from the class; after about 12 hours of work both during and after class, this 6" by 4" heart was all I was able to finish. I still want to fill in around the heart and need to decide what to make it into...pillow, journal cover, wallhanging? The bottom photo is from Mary's Painting with Fiber class and it was supposed to be a warm-up project but I spent the entire class working on it - I'm very slow! This little "merit badge" pin is about 1.5" in diameter. My third class was Whimsical Winged Art Doll taught by Kate Lyon, another very sharing and talented teacher. I'll post a photo when I complete my doll.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Stanley said...

Your projects look wonderful! Thanks for the kind comments, it was really nice to have you in 2 classes!

June 29, 2006 1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home