edina tien: artfiberfest, part deux

June 29, 2006

artfiberfest, part deux






OK, now onto the goodies that I purchased! The first three photos are of a beautiful assemblage made by Tracie Lyn Huskamp - it was one of the items in the ArtFiberFest gallery where artists can submit their work for show and/or for sale; as you can see this year's theme was birds and/or nests. I met Tracie Lyn at ArtFest and because we both participated in the art quilt swap that my friend Shari hosted. She is a very sweet and talented woman and I'm glad I got the chance to talk to her about this particular piece: it's made from lots of vintage items including a glove box (as in a place for a lady to store her handgloves!), lace, and a buckle. The nest was from a friend of hers who found it in a tree in her yard that was being trimmed. The former bird occupants were nowhere to be found, and Tracie Lyn adopted the nest and incorporated it into her artwork. What a wonderful job she did, not only to preserve, but also to honor this symbol of home, love, and comfort.

The next photo is of two bracelets from my friend Lisa, who makes gorgeous jewelry. The one on top was displayed in the AFF gallery and the other was one that I asked her to make for me while we were at ArtFest in April. Aren't they both fabulous? Note the charms that she made by hand from Precious Metal Clay - just beautiful! Next is Mr. Chicken Leg from Tiphoni, the very talented daughter of the very talented Teesha and Tracy (who are the ones who put on ArtFest and ArtFiberFest every year). I couldn't resist this little needle-felted guy - I love him! And the last photo is a beautiful pin I bought from Mary (see previous post for more on Mary) - her embroidery is incredible.

The pocketbook is a little thinner, but it was well worth it!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home