edina tien: final thoughts on aff '06

July 05, 2006

final thoughts on aff '06




So one of my favorite parts of attending art retreats like ArtFiberFest is meeting and being inspired by all the other participants. You can get a taste of the talent and creativity from some of the above photos. The first picture is from the fiber swap I participated in with 20+ other people. Each of us brought 3 yards of fiber for every person so we all end up with a nice variety of samples. I haven't decided what to do with my stash yet, but I saw someone at the event knitting up all her fibers into something and thought that was a brilliant idea - I may have to copy that! The other three photos are of trades I received in return for the pincushions I gave away. Lots of cool stuff that people handmade or collected...a bookmark, a luggage tag, fabric, ATC's, charms, buttons, beads, and much more. The bottom photo shows some of the pins I got: a beautiful nest with eggs from Ty & Marcia Schultz and adorable buttons from Heather Simpson-Bluhm.

There's always a bittersweet feeling when I come home from these events - I'm happy to be home again but I really miss the camaraderie of like-minded artists.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

whoa! look at all that loot! :) i see my print there- hope you like it.

it was so great to finally meet you!! i'm so glad you're in the new fatbook too. your work is really wonderful! xo

July 06, 2006 9:18 AM  
Blogger Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

Miss you too!! I had bookmarked your blog, but it disappeared. Just found it again! YAY!
:)

July 06, 2006 7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home