edina tien: we have been feeling bad...

July 08, 2006

we have been feeling bad...

about our gas-guzzling cars for quite awhile now. And the increasing gas prices have really lit the fire under us to do something about it, so we're in the process of buying this hybrid to replace one of our cars. It's in high demand right now, perhaps because of the recent attention global warming has been getting in the media and also because of the federal tax benefit that is currently being offered.

On a related topic, I have been meaning to mention two movies that I saw recently, An Inconvenient Truth and Syriana. I urge everyone to see them both if you care at all about the future of our planet and humanity. I've heard people say they've been avoiding these movies because they're afraid of the depressing nature of the subject matter. However, I don't feel the goal of either film is to cause guilt or despair (that would be extremely unproductive and pointless) but instead to inspire us to change for the better. It may seem insurmountable, but small steps made by many people do add up. The website for the first movie suggests easy changes that the average person can make.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog, Edina!
I admire your commitment to buying a hybrid.
Look forward to seeing "An Inconvenient Truth", and reading the book, also.

July 09, 2006 7:33 PM  
Blogger Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

oops, I just read this post and see you ae buying a Prius. My SIL has one and likes it quite alot.

July 14, 2006 9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home