edina tien: run, don't walk...

August 29, 2006

run, don't walk...

to your video store and rent this movie about the art and architecture of Frank Gehry. As soon as I heard the opening voiceover, I knew it was going to be great:
Director Sydney Pollack: "Is starting hard?"

Frank Gehry: "You know it is. I don't know what you do when you start, but I clean my desk, I make a lot of stupid appointments that I make sound important...avoidance, delay, denial. I'm always scared that I'm not going to know what to do. It's a terrifying moment. And then when I start, I'm always amazed...so that wasn't so bad."
If you rent the DVD, don't forget the special features; there's a Q&A with the director that offers insight into how the film came to be. Both the movie and Q&A are fascinating glimpses into the process of artmaking.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shari Beaubien said...

This sounds like a must-see, Edina! Thanks for the recommendation...Shari

August 31, 2006 2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home