edina tien: some quotes to start your weekend

September 07, 2006

some quotes to start your weekend

Since my parents are coming to visit this weekend, all I have time to do is CLEAN! So, no time to post anything new. I leave you with these quotes/poem that spoke to me from this month's Oprah mag:
...don't be satisfied with stories, how things
have gone with others. Unfold
your own myth...
-Rumi

I will not die an unlived life.
I will not live in fear
Of falling or catching fire.
I choose to inhabit my days,
To allow my living to open me
To make me less afraid,
More accessible
To loosen my heart
until it becomes a wing,
a torch, a promise.
I choose to risk my significance;
To live
So that which came to me as seed
Goes to the next as blossom
And that which came to me as blossom,
goes on as fruit.
-Dawna Markova

[Life] is demanding of me, 'Start again. Begin new things. Again set to work to build your world.'
-Jean Toomer

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the quotes. Lisa

September 08, 2006 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home