edina tien: is it autumn yet?

September 05, 2006

is it autumn yet?

Hope everyone had a nice holiday. We went to the beach Saturday to get away from the heat, and on Sunday, we went to Art in the Pearl and saw lots of wonderful art. I ran into a friend, Paula, who introduced me to another artist, Judy Wise, who I had previously "met" online and through doing Fatbooks. It was nice to finally connect a face with a name and to see her lovely artwork in person.

Although summer isn't officially over, Labor Day seems to mark the psychological beginning of fall, my favorite season. I just wish it lasted longer here in the Northwest. We seem to go from scorching heat straight into freezing cold (in my limited experience, having only lived here for seven years). I miss those Northern California autumn days when the skies are blue, the sun is shining, and the air is crisp but not quite cold enough for a winter coat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home