edina tien: weird & wonderful windows - mixed media light boxes

October 13, 2006

weird & wonderful windows - mixed media light boxes




These are the "before" and "after" of my other Michael DeMeng class. Isn't it creative how he came up with the idea? Love the concept of the different layers of glass, transparencies, and paint. I decided mine had too much space between the two front layers so I added ledger paper to the inside edges (which you probably can't see in the photo) and bits of ephemera which I painted to look like rusty metal - a plastic bird (yes, it's the same doodad I used in my polaroid assemblage), small wood block, and some chain links. Sorry the photos are not very clear - it's tough when you can't use a flash due to the glass.

I know people are going to ask so...Michael designed the wood boxes and had them custom-made (i.e. I don't know of anyplace you can order them, though maybe someday he will offer the kit for purchase).

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

Edina, I am loving seeing your projects. How inspiring. I look forward to being able to attend A&S some day.

October 14, 2006 8:52 AM  
Blogger deb said...

Simply stunning! Love the colours.

October 14, 2006 7:07 PM  
Blogger Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

Hi Edina...

LOVE your artwork from A&S!!! Looks like a very productive week.

xo

October 15, 2006 6:18 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

I am so sorry I missed meeting you at A&S! But I do remember your wonderful light box and the face (your's!) attached to it! They were so much fun to do and I promptly came home and made another one :0) Hope we will meet next time.

October 16, 2006 9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home