edina tien: turn & look before you shift into reverse!

December 15, 2006

turn & look before you shift into reverse!

As I was walking into the grocery store this afternoon, a woman backed her car into me and knocked me down. She claimed that she was "avoiding" another car backing up into her but I think she was actually jonesing for a space in a pretty full parking lot. Fortunately, she wasn't going too fast and stopped short of running me over. I'm mostly just badly bruised with some sprains and strains here and there. I spent the better part of the evening in the ER for an exam and x-rays and was relieved that nothing was broken. I'm feeling quite battered though and can already feel my body won't be up for much in the next few days. I have lots to share but it will have to wait. I did want to pop in for a quick hello while I'm still able to since I promised to announce the winner of the zine giveaway. Thanks for all your entries - I decided to add the ones that were emailed to me into the comments section, so be sure to go there to read all the terrific interesting words that everyone submitted. I threw everyone's names into a hat and drew...

ALEX S.!!!

Congratulations Alex, please email me your snail mail address when you have a chance. Thanks again to everyone who played. I had planned to have another drawing this week but I think with my latest setback and the holidays approaching, I'll start again in January. Please check back then - I've got lots of cool things to give away.

And now I'm off to rest my aching body...

10 Comments:

Blogger Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

OMG Edina I am soo glad you are ok. People just need to chill out with the driving, in parking lots, on cell phones, ec. Its getting scary!! Please rest and take care of yourself so you are better for the holidays.
Hugs

December 15, 2006 8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man! I'm so sorry to hear of your accident! What a crazy freaky thing! Wishing you a very speedy recovery!!!

December 15, 2006 4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you were hurt!!!! Hope you recover fully very soon. How terrible! Sue I.

December 15, 2006 4:37 PM  
Blogger arlene said...

Oh My! I am so sorry to hear you were hurt like this! I just discovered your wonderful blog, and I love it. I send blessings your way, and hope you don't suffer too long. Your "Words" challenge was so great...hope some of them cheer you on in your recovery.

arlene

December 15, 2006 9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Edina, I'm so sorry to hear about the accident - parking lots scare me for that exact reason. I'm glad you are on the road to recovery and I'll be sending good thoughts your way. Also, thanks for posting my page from the Hot Flashes Book. I loved your page and just died laughing at the Stepford Wives. Your artwork is awesome. Take good care of yourself!! Happy Holidays. Kathy

December 15, 2006 9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy cow! you're lucky it wasn't worse.....hope you bounce back quickly!

December 16, 2006 9:19 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Edina! Here I sit with your beautiful collage in front of me, and I can only imagine that you are feeling rather bruised and beat up today..I hope that you get to feeling A-OK soon! I truely love the collage you made and can't wait to show all my friends!

December 16, 2006 9:30 AM  
Blogger Sweet Petunia said...

Oh Edina...I hope you are feeling better soon!

December 17, 2006 4:52 PM  
Blogger Lori S-C said...

OMG!OMG!
I am so sorry to hear of this mishap. Make sure you don't overdo it while you are healing.
Feel better soon....

Lori

December 17, 2006 5:08 PM  
Blogger Maija said...

OMG, Edina!!! I am just catching up on blogs and I read about your injury. How frightening that must have been! I'm so glad nothing is broken. From my experience, however, the sprains are worse than I break. I hope yuou are better now.

December 21, 2006 8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home