edina tien: change is good

January 22, 2007

change is good

I was getting tired of that winter blog template, especially now that the sun has returned. Please let me know if you have any problems viewing this new format - I've been learning a lot lately about how different web browsers "see" things differently and the things you can do to overcome that.

Yesterday, I spent the afternoon at a spinning class. No, not the kind you would go to at a gym, but the kind you would go to at a yarn store! It was a lot of fun and I might have found a new addiction (just what I need...more stuff to acquire). I'll post more about this along with photos over on my knit blog in the next few days so bookmark this site if you're interested.

On a different note, I've been enrolled in a drawing class at our local community college for the last few weeks which has kept me very busy and filled me with a lot of self-doubt about my artistic abilities. I feel like this drawing class is harder than any biochemistry class I ever had in college - how could that be?! I'm glad I decided to push myself even though I will probably never be very proficient at drawing. I think I needed this change in my life for reasons that will become more apparent later. And I'll let you know if I figure that out!

3 Comments:

Blogger Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

Edina...

I LOVE the new banner..

and HOW EXCITING YOu are in a drawing class.

ok... word of advise... practice makes perfect...

THAT is the TRUTH.. just keep going.. keep drawing.. each one will improve your skills.
I can't wait to catch up at AF and see how the class is going for you!!!

January 23, 2007 1:35 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Edina
I am a Golden lover too- I LOVE your pups in the snow. Im in San Diego so mine has to play on the beach instead. He hasn't seen snow yet but it'll be fun when it finally happens.

A quick question- How do you secure your pebble charms when you solder? I am making a bunch for artfest and am trying to figure out the best way to hold them, and to attach the jump ring. Sorry to find you this way, but I couldn't find an email for you anywhere.
Thanks!
Deb
endlssmmer@yahoo.com

January 23, 2007 9:45 PM  
Blogger Sweet Petunia said...

I get the post hearder at the top...then a lot of blank space between the left and right lists and then the post. I love how you are always working on improving this. It looks good.

January 24, 2007 7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home