edina tien: got plastered

February 19, 2007

got plastered

Here are photos from the amazing Stephanie Lee workshops I attended. If you ever have the chance, I highly recommend taking a class from her - she is warm, down-to-earth, generous, and talented. The first class was called Totally Plastered, and we learned all about creating plaster effects on flat surfaces. Below is the board that I started that day. It's definitely not finished, and I may just leave it as a practice piece.

The second class was Plaster Architecture. I started and will continue working on the two shapes you see below. Hopefully, you can tell that one is a bird; the other is a cupcake which will eventually be more obvious. Also pictured are the two wonderful pieces of Stephanie's artwork that I purchased.




6 Comments:

Blogger Sweet Petunia said...

Wow...these are great.

February 21, 2007 7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh WOW! All of those are great!!! So they're all made of plaster? Amazing...

February 22, 2007 10:07 PM  
Blogger Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

WOW, these are fantastic. Man I wish I coudl take ALL the classes at ArtFest!!

February 22, 2007 10:46 PM  
Blogger kelly rae said...

i am officially jealous!

February 28, 2007 9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool Beans!! I'm taking both of Stephanie's classes at Art and Soul. I can't wait!!!

Sounds like you have a great time!
xoxs
C

March 05, 2007 7:52 AM  
Blogger Maija said...

Your stuff from this class is fabulous! I think the board is so perfect and haunting!

March 08, 2007 9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home