edina tien: distractions

April 18, 2007

distractions

I've been needing a break from what I've been calling my "bubble of despair" so I spent some time today getting my ArtFest pics ready to share. Of course this happens right as Blogger is doing maintenance and won't let me upload any photos. I will post pics of my creations along with a few others tomorrow (or whenever the function comes back up again). In the meantime, visit my Flickr album here to see some of the phenomenal artwork made by fellow students. I tried to take photos of everyone's work but my apologies to those didn't make it into the album because I missed or because of poor picture quality.

Also, I would be remiss if I didn't mention the two great teachers I had at ArtFest, Anahata Katkin and Misty Mawn! Both were warm, generous, and uber-talented, and their classes were relaxing and fun. As I mentioned before, unfortunately, I had to leave early and missed my third class with Anne Bagby, but thanks to kind friends Renee, Suzanne, and Paula who were nice enough to pick up my kit and share class notes with me, I might be able to learn a few of Anne's techniques after all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Edina,
I am so sorry that you are going though all of this. So sorry you had to leave artfest early with such awful news.
Thinking of you and hoping you get time to create art to take your mind away for a little while.

Thank you so much for being in my first class, it was such a wonderful group! xo

Take care.

xo
misty

April 20, 2007 6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home